Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those who have been here before. Lately I have been feeling full and today it is really bothering me. I am 26 weeks now. It feels like I have eaten way too much without the nauseaous feeling that goes along with overeating. Does it get worse or do you learn to deal with it? It's been so distracting I haven't done anything at work today but learn back on my chair and use the mouse. uuggg

I also discoved last night in the shower that I had a very hard time trying to shave 'the triangle'. I was hoping I'd be one of those who'd like being pregnant but it's raking on my nerves a little more every day! How do you cope by the loss of the body you've known your whole life???

·
Registered
640 Posts
I feel the exact same way! I worked really hard after college to get my body into shape and down to a weight/look that I was happy with - it took three years and I couldn't have been more proud. I'm thrilled about being pregnant but its really hard to watch all of my hard work disappear (or so it seems) as my belly gets bigger. My bum seems to grow along with it! So, I can totally relate to what you're saying.

When I find myself getting upset with my growing body (and increasing pounds on the scale), I talk myself out of the frustration by reminding myself of the beautiful little one growing inside of me. Sometimes it takes a kick or two from the baby to remind me how important it is....

As for the "full" feeling, I haven't experienced that. I do notice I"m not hungry for dinner as I was in the first two trimesters. But during the day I'm famished so I eat more during those hours. I don't get that insane full feeling though, sorry!

Oh, and for the shaving thing, I assume you're past the point where you can hold up your belly to shave? Past that, I'm not sure...maybe go to a salon for waxing (ouch! couldn't do that myself)? Good luck though!!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not so much the extra pounds that bother me, it is the decrease in flexibility and in mobility. I keep telling myself that this is only temporary but some days that works more than than others (like today) As for shaving, I'm not to the point of holding my belly up, it's more of an uncomfortableness of an akward angle. I just am not used to this - Ive been blessed with an incredibly flat stomach my whole life and now I'm struggling to tie my shoes. I'm so glad my BF is an angel.

I am glad that we can all share our aches and pains together on this journey. Thanks for letting me whine

·
Registered
640 Posts
Oh, you're much better than me then! I get so frustrated to see those pounds creeping up, lol! I have noticed actually an increase in flexibility and b/c of that, I sometimes push myself too far. I'm so sore most nights now, my mid back and ribs are sore and and my low back bothers me too....I'm so frustrated b/c I used to be so healthy & on the move all of the time. Now I groan just getting out of bed when I have to pee at two in the morning!

It is good to know I'm not the only one...I feel like such a complainer and my DH will sometimes make fun of me (light heartedly) saying that I sound like I"m 65 years old...its so frustrating!

Oh, and I'm totally uncomfortable bringing up my knee to tie my shoes. When it comes to shaving, I just hold my belly with my left hand and then shave with my right. I've gotten by so far....maybe your BF can help?!?!?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I know the full feeling all too well. I can only eat a tiny amount of food before I start to feel sick. My 3yo & I usually eat about the same amount at dinner.
I just make sure I snack lots throughout the day.
Oh! And I can't see the "triangle"
I've been doing it by feel. Just go slowly...ya don't wanna nick yourself there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.