Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel horriable about leaving ds#2 at daycare while i go back to school. He will be in the college daycare and they give him breastmilk in a bottle, i don't know why i feel so bad! He will only be there two hours a day MWF. I know the people there won't hurt him, cuz i know them and Ds#1 went ther also since he was 15 month. It is truly a blessing that i got him in. i just feel so sad!What is wrong with me??

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Amanda,<br><br>
I don't think anything is wrong with you! I think it is totally natural to feel sad about leaving your baby! I think if you can let yourself feel your sadness and have a good cry, you will feel better and maybe also have more clarity about your sad feelings too. My baby was born around the same time as yours. It is difficult for me to leave her with anyone, even her father. I think it makes sense because at this stage mama is the most important person in the babe's life. I know for myself, though, that at times I need to leave her so I can take care of myself, by going to yoga, for instance.<br>
But also at times I feel the best way I can take care of myself is not to go to whatever I was wanting to do and be with her. I do share your feelings!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have read a lot of great posts about day-care related issues over under parenting issues/working moms. It seems like most of the moms there, including me, have had to deal with guilt/sadness, etc. around day care.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
There is nothing wrong with you. I leave my dd with a lady from our church who we know and trust very much. I still tear up though when we drop her off and she starts whimpering or crying because she knows i"m leaving. Mind you, it is only 4 hours, 3 times a week. It's normal for us to miss them. We're programmed that way. Which is why I get frustrated with people who leave thier children at daycare when they are going to be home all day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts