Mothering Forum banner

Feeling isolated

516 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  momtoalexsarah 
#1 ·
I'm a SAHM - I have 2 wonderful kids (DS - 2.75 & DD - 0.75).

We live on an amazing farm in the middle of nowhere. There are lots of animals, and there are people around during the day - staff and visitors to the farm.

DH works alternating shifts - a couple weeks of days, a couple weeks of afternoons.

We have only 1 vehicle, and getting into town around DH's work schedule is a PITA.

I love it here though, but am starting to feel isolated sometimes too.

I'm not sure my poing - just venting I guess.

#4 ·
LizaBear - I just wanted to say "hi" and give a hug!
I'm not in the country - I live in Hamilton but I have a husband who works a lot of odd shifts (alternating nights, afternoons, weekends, blah blah) and even in the city, I can feel so lonely and isolated since I don't know many in my city. We've spoke about moving to the country with DS who is 2 but the fear of isolation crosses my mind. I just saw your post and wanted to let you know I feel for you ... I can imagine it is hard sometimes when you're on your own out there.

#6 ·
Hey I'm no where near you, but feeling much the same down here in Nova Scotia. We have a lovely 2 acres ppty on the south shore (inland though), but I'm home alone with the kids 12 hrs a day 5 days a week and they're the fun ages of almost 3 years and 5 months old.
It's so tough. We moved last fall and before that we were in a suburb area where we lived right on a bus route to the city.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.