Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called my mw.

Feeling kind of weird for a few hours, lower back pains, loose poops, more bh-ish contractions than usual. Nothing too concrete, and I feel fine.

So, she told me the usual stuff - drink, tub, etc. She offered for me to come in and be checked, but she knew I wasn't going for it since they wont stop it at this point. It probably is just a trial run for my body. I never had this with DS (induced at 43 weeks), so I am probably more aware of it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I am just about in the same boat tonight though I think just the little I did today was too much in the heat. I am also in hopes it I might have eating something not wonderful to explain my bathroom trips.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up and (((((Hugs)))))

I can tell you had some convincing false labor with my DD for a week before came and 2 weeks with my son (Though I was ready for it with my son. LOL) I knew though something was happening as I had a normal check up after two weeks of this and begged the Dr to check me and he refused saying he knew I would go late. Funny, my son came on his own that night! hehehehe

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've got a lot more BH this past week than before too. My back is also aching and sometimes I really feel it with the BH. Then my tummy has gone back to being very annoyed at the least bit of junk food so I've had those bathroom trips too. Just taking at a sign that things are moving along towards birth.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I've been having the same thing, also with decreased fetal movement. I actually ended up at the hospital last night for a NST. Everything is fine, but we really had a scare. Hang in there!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Will be watching for an update! I am sure it's fine. I have had some of this on and off lately and I assume it's just my body getting ready. But be sure you stay vigilant and watch for more signs of PTL.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am not alone then. You all make this sound normal. I am so crampy and uncomfortable. When is enough enough? When should I worry. I didn't have this with DS. I have not seen a doctor only a midwife, so I am scared to go in the the ER. My midwife says to drink tea and take a bath. The bath helps, but I can not live in the bath, I have a toddler. What will the hospital do if I go in? I am worried because I have not been to the doctors at all.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, I made it through the night!

I ended up in the tub, and things got stronger. I needed to get up and move around a bit. Just random contractions, about 6 an hour, like every 20 mins, then 8, then 10...After about 3 hours of this, I knew I might be stuck in a prodromal labor loop. My mw called back around 11, and told me to maybe try to take something to help me sleep, so I took a benedryl. I slept good til about 3ish, then woke up to pee, and was still contracting a bit. Eventually I fell back to sleep, and woke up around 9ish. And now I'm totally fine.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I had a day like this last week. I just felt a little bit "off" all day, but I had really overdone it the day before and chalked it up to that. I started having painful BH contrax that evening and went to lay down. They were coming about every 7-10 minutes. After a short nap, I was fine. I even thought at one point I was going to vomit, in which case I would have been convinced I was in labor and called my MW.

Glad you are feeling better now!

Manda

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.