Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this?
Yesterday in the afternoon while coming home from the park as I was riding in our minivan I felt like I was getting ready to have a letdown. I have had 3 other kids and never felt this in the other PG's. Also last night the braxton hicks felt a little different and kept going straight through the morning (not stopping how they usually do after and hour or two). Could these mean labor is near?

TIA
Michelle

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I don't know about labor being near... But my breasts have been leaking during this twin pregnancy since like 17 weeks!!! It's the weirdest thing. I constantly smell like milk, too, and my boobs are HOT. I haven't felt letdown approaching, but I'm only 26 weeks along, so maybe I'm doomed for that soon, haha! I would hate to waste all that nice milk, though.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm only 22 weeks, and yesterday I thought for sure I'd look down and find the front of my shirt soaked with milk. I was in a fabric store and could hear a little baby somewhere else in the store making those little hungry noises ... not really crying or fussing, eh, I can't explain it ... but *immediately* my breasts got hot and tingly and I just could not tune out those little baby noises. I haven't nursed a baby in over 3 years, it's amazing that my body still responded so strongly.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My MW says more than 4 BH in an hour could be pre-term labor. She had me lay down for an hour and drink a large glass of water, which stopped them for me. Guess in my case it was dehydration. You might ask your HCP if they feel this is problematic or not.

And yes, I have been having the letdown thing too.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
It happend to me also at Xmas I had barrowed a night gown (of course) and one of my breasts leaked. My whole husbands family found out
: ! I then babysat for a friend of mine. When her little girl would cry or nurse from her mom I had let down. But I've been leaking(mostly at night) since xmas. I talked to lactation con. and she said that it was normal that some people just leak more than others. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
650 Posts
me!me!
I'm 33 wks
they even feel *full* sometimes and that old tingly sensation...like I have to nurse.. and the letdown feeling....sometimes they feel a lil stuck to my bra.
this did not happen with my first pregnancy, I just hope its a sign that breastfeeding will be a breeze

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Around 33 weeks my nipples still felt a little sticky in my bra but at around 35 weeks it stopped happening. Now I look at them and they really seem full. Maybe I will go soon

Michelle edd 7/7

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.