Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I had been sooo excited for my mom and MIL to come visit - and now that they're here, I want them gone!  My sister comes in tomorrow to visit, and she's going to make it worse!  I adore my family, I'm SO happy to see them, but my EDD is Friday (the 26th) and I feel like a watched pot.  My midwives warned me against it, they said I probably wouldn't have the baby til after everyone left, and I thought they were crazy - they were SO right.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm okay with my mom being here, because the plan is for her to be at the birth anyway and I want her to be here.  She really understands birth and hasn't so much as mentioned the "l" word since being here.  I may as well be four months pregnant in how she's acting - that's exactly what I want.  My MIL (and probably sister) on the other hand, are anxious for baby to get here during their visit.  MIL talks to my belly, saying, "Time to come out now baby!" and is suggesting I eat spicy food and stuff like that.  I'm at the point now where I truly don't WANT baby to come until after they leave - even though they won't be in our apartment, I'll know that they're sitting in their hotel waiting for updates and news...I guess the difference is that I want my mom to be here for me, and my sister and MIL are here for them...and for the holiday, obviously, but you know...they're not part of the birth plan.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have been feeling uncomfortable the last couple of days and trying to pinpoint it, and it's totally because I feel observed.  Not good for birth preparation!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had a visit with the midwife today, and she said she'd be shocked if I have the baby before MIL and sis leave.  I agree.  I don't think I can feel at ease until they're safely across the country :)  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I feel guilty for feeling this way though, even though I know it's probably really normal.  MIL has been extremely helpful - cleaning the apartment, cooking and freezing food, walking the dog - I really am grateful for all of it.  And she's a wonderful woman, I really lucked out in the MIL department.  But I really am starting to get annoyed with the "come out now baby" stuff.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ugh.</p>

·
Registered
27 Posts
<p>Sorry to hear, but I TOTALLY know how you feel.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We were actually told the opposite, that based on dropping, dialation, etc, this baby would likely come 1-3 weeks early. I kinda knew not to trust that, but to be safe we were prepared by 37 weeks. Now I'm at 40 weeks and I've had my house and all the baby stuff ready for a MONTH! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>We are trying to just relax and stay rested (as well as you can with a 12 & 2 year old around). I feel like a ticking time bomb. Every time I get up or make a noise everybody asks if I'm in labor, if my water broke, how I feel, etc. Now I feel like this baby will not get here until December (which is what I asked of him several weeks ago) yet we are just waiting! UGH.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think next pregnancy I will tell people my due date is a couple weeks further out, just to avoid the questions. HAHA.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, hope the rest of your week passes quick! It's been difficult to hang out around here because most the posts are all birth announcements! Soon enough we will get our time! </p>

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
<p>i am worried about this too.  my mom flies in on tuesday, and so i feel like i am on a deadline.  i would dearly love to have the baby before she gets here, because i think i may have this exact reaction when she gets here.  and she is here for 2 weeks, so i CAN'T delay until she leaves, i'll be 42 weeks by that time!!! ack!!</p>

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
<p>DDCC - My mom is going to be here tomorrow (my 38w4d) and she's staying for a month.  One way or another this baby is going to be born while she's here but <span style="text-decoration:underline;">DH is the one putting on the pressure</span>!!  He deploys again at the beginning of Feb so he's really anxious to get the baby here *now* so he can spend time with him.  I'm trying to keep him calm but he's super excited.  We're back to DTD like we were when we were TTC because he's hoping its going to start labor.  I'm actually kind of hoping my doc says there still hasn't been any cervical change.  Change would make him think that his tactics are working...</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts