Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I come here and vent, but not today.

Ladies, I am so impressed with my STRONG self. I just keep the ball rolling no matter the hell going on with stbx.

I am juggling part-time work, volunteering in kids' school, leading a GS troop, going to grad school part-time and taking care of my WONDERFUL girls full-time and pulling it off, with the help of some friends and moral support from many.

Yesterday I got the girls to/from dentist, to/from school, got GS parent meeting planned; agenda written; calendar planned (while darling neighbor played with girls, I confess); fed them dinner; got them bathed (w/o yelling too much ;-)) and got the house cleaned and ran a great meeting where I wasn't too incoherent (I have been very incoherent lately with all the stress).

I even got the girls to bed early and did some school work.

Today I got them to school, myself to work and finished my two assignments for class tonight (ok, kind neighbor picked the girls up from school for me). Now I just need to catch up with my school reading .

Oh, darn ... I forgot to take dinner out of the freezer for stbx who is coming over to watch the girls while I am at class ... this is the guy who took five days and nights to move from a one br to two br apt. because he insisted on doing it himself and has no sense of time (ADD).

I know I couldn't do this without the wonderful support I have been getting, but gosh, I am proud of myself. Now if only the stress of holding it all together doesn't kill me.

M

·
Registered
702 Posts
You are an inspiration!! (Though I hope someone gives you a gift vertificate for a day spa or something similar for the holidays! You sooo deserve it!)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And now that the week is over ... awesome, but exhausted! I made it through *my* class and then Friday substitute taught third grade all day!

Great class, detailed lesson plan, but my first time ever doing this -- I came home and stared at the ceilng while my kids ran circles around me.

Now I know for sure -- I am not gonna be able to work full-time and have anything left to care for my kids or keep up my home. I am gonna have to make some huge financial compromises because I just don't think I can work 40 hours and be there for my kids!

The mommas here who work full time and raise their kids -- you have my endless admiration!

M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.