Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I'm due at the end of Feb. '05...Feb. 25th.
The thing is, I'm FEELING SO!!! big. I don't mind looking big...afterall, I'm pregnant. But it's the feeling big that I don't so much like. And my body is sore! Especially my hips and legs. Sore as if I've been exercising.
I just don't remember feeling this way at all with my previous pregnancies. I know our exact conception date, and I'm 'measuring' right on...so there's no issue there. I just FEEL so BIG! It's not a comfy feeling. And I'm still two months away from the big day! (give or take a little...I went over my due date with both my daughters..)
I'm a stay at home / homeschooling mom to our two dds who are 5 and 4...so of course I keep very busy. Maybe I just need to make my self rest more often.
I'm just surprised to be feeling this way.
Anyone else relate?

· Registered
2,154 Posts
Yep...feeling overly large these days. I look large, feel large, and yes the pain is getting worse each week. I woke up with an INTENSE nesting urge and tore apart the house and did deep cleaning in the kitchen and all 3 bathrooms. I also cleaned and unpacked all the boxes in my bedroom and set up the pack n' play bassinette next to my bed so I would be ready for the baby. But now that I'm sitting, my body is screaming at me for working so hard this morning. Nesting is cool, but at this size the after effects are horrible. I completely empathize with you. I'm also due 2/25. I commiserate.

· Registered
911 Posts
Its funny because I wasn't really FEELING that large until everyone started TELLING me how large I was getting. I do feel cumbersome walking, getting out of bed... that kind of thing. Playing with dd has become difficult. She wants to "run mama, run!" hahahahahahaha! Um, I don't think so.
My mom bought me a foam mattress cover to put on the bed and I have to tell you that it alleviated my hip pain at night. I couldn't believe it.
I want to do a belly cast of this pregnancy to compare to the first time around. That way I could actually SEE if I'm bigger or just *feeling* bigger.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
I think I've been feeling huge for a couple months now! It does just seem to hurt more, everything I do is done in a breathless, uncomfortable way - very strange! I chalk it up to getting older, though - I'm definitely not 17 anymore. Joints are looser, uterus is extensively pre-stretched....everything just moves more and further than it did with any of my previous pregnancies!
And yeah, I get EVERYONE looking shocked when I tell them I still have 2 months to go. YES I look huge - I don't have a whole lot of body here to tuck this baby into! She's gotta go straight out, or nowhere at all.....and I think I prefer a growing baby that makes me look huge, thanks

· Registered
2,445 Posts
I'm like you mehndi mama. I have no where for this little one to go so out he has gone. If I go anywhere I get a comment about how I look like I'm about to pop and when I tell them I have six more weeks to go and maybe more they just get this incredulous look on their face.

I feel and look SOOOOOOO big! I don't really fit my even my maternity shirts anymore...they keep riding up and exposing my belly. I hang out in DH's shirts or my bathrobe...I'm about ready to be in the market for a nice mumu.

· Registered
1,711 Posts
You know the saddest thing is that my ass sticks out almost as far in the back as my belly does in the front! I can't even imagine what I must look like when I walk. Very uncomfortable to say the least.

· Registered
911 Posts
ummm... went to the pharmacy to pick up a rx for my dd last night. The lady behind the counter asked "when's the baby coming?" I said "Feb. 28" and then she asked "twins?"
:
ARGHHH!!! No, no twins... I'm just garganutan!!

I was at the OBs this week and asked if I looked abnormally large and she said "no, you just don't have much body to hide that growing baby it"

God bless her.

p.s. Peacefulvegan, you need the butt to counterbalance the belly. At least that's what I've been telling people.

· Registered
246 Posts
I was at a home center with dh the other day when some obnoxious frat boy (very overweight, mind you) walks by and says "yep, she's way overdue". I thought dh was going to track him down and run him over with our lumber! That was the first time anyone has said anything that rude to me in public. susan

· Registered
154 Posts
yeah, I keep telling people, "I feel very FULL of baby." I feel cumbersome. I grunt when I bend over. The anesthesiologist for ds's dental stuff referred to my "delicate condition" and I snapped, "I don't FEEL so very freaking DELICATE!"

That said, last night at 2:30 in the morning some condos down the street apparently told everyone at a bar closing to come on over (which they've done before) so there were hoards of drunk students loudly walking down my street, waking us all up. I looked out the window and saw some guys doing something at my car door and when I said, "hey! what are you doing to my car!" they said, "oh, sorry, is this YOUR car?" and started walking away. I went out to watch them go down the street and one stopped at my neighbor's house, put his beer bottle down, and disappeared into the bushes in her yard.

This made me nervous. I was still in my yard, and we have a small fence around my yard, which is a little taller than waist high on me (I have to hoist myself up a bit to sit on it). I sprinted to it, vaulted over it using only one hand, and ran after them yelling, "What are you doing, am I going to have to call the police??" I found the guy tucked into the bushes peeing in my neighbor's yard.

I looked over to the street and there were these drunk guys staring at me in shock and realized I must have been quite a sight - 8 months pregnant, short torsoed so it really shows, leaping over fences in my pajamas with my hair wild and my glasses askew.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
:LOL Now *that* is a picture!!!

I have been getting the "are you having twins" from absolutely EVERYBODY. How very annoying. Are most pregnant women not "allowed" to get very big these days, or what? I thought I looked rather normal for my time......

· Registered
1,594 Posts
see, i'm still getting the "are you sure you're 36+ weeks, you're so small" comments... and the "wow thats going to be a tiny baby" comments, which are really really really getting on my nerves. i'm measuirng on target, i've gained on target, i'm just built weird.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.