Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm 34 weeks. This pregnancy is flying by, and I still don't really feel bonded with the baby. No excitement... not even realization that she's coming. I sometimes (even though I'm in so much pain) totally forget that I'm pregnant. I was looking at cold medicine early this week thinking that I could take anything since DS has stopped nursing. Birth plans are all up in the air. I haven't finished making anything. I haven't bought any clothes, and I'm too tired to shop. Plus when I *do* go out, nothing appeals to me. I normally end up getting something for my son, and justify it to myself by saying that she'll wear it eventually. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't know what's wrong with me!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm scared I'll end up with ppd after the baby comes.</p>

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
<p>I can assure you that the way you feel about a pregnancy is not a foreshadowing of how you will feel abou the baby.  Don't worry about the prep and the stuff just pretend you are a high number repeat parent.  After the first couple lots of moms hardly acknowledge the baby until after birth.  The baby will not care if she's dressed in all boyish newborn stuff she'll be warm and girls are WAY more fun for people to buy cute clothes for so I'm sure you will be showered with more than enough girly things.  She will never get the amount of attention that your first did but that's not all bad and it's been shown that mothers smile at 2nd babies a lot more than at their first.  Which gives other benefits.  Fear not it will all be ok and if you do end up with ppd ask for help from your doctor.  I have gained more joy from spying on my older two whispering together at night than from anything else ever.   </p>

·
Registered
79 Posts
<p>This thread seems to have a similar vein.</p>
<p> <a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1285612/anyone-more-overwhelmed-than-excited">http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1285612/anyone-more-overwhelmed-than-excited</a></p>
<p>I'm also worried about PPD, and starting to work out a plan with my midwife. Just knowing I have a plan really helps. I'm even going as far as having my placenta encapsulated despite my initial reservations. </p>
<p>I wish you lots of luck in finding the support you need. </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts