Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-- I had my glucose test at 10 AM this morning and now at 1:30 pm I am shaking like a leaf and feel nauseous. I know it's probably from the drink they gave me-- should I call the midwives or will this pass? Anyone have an idea what causes this? I have borderline low blood sugar and low blood pressure normally.

thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would eat some protein and try to gently go for a walk, maybe around your living room!!!!! ( I don't want you to faint on the street!!)

Your body just needs to metabolize the sugar, and that is helped with exercise. Just gently move around your house, and eat some good for you comfort food.

I am so sorry. I remember all too well. Yuck, I hate that thing! *hugs*

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I felt the same way after mine with DS#1. I'd recommend going to get something to eat that combines carbs and proteins (think sliced turkey on a whole wheat bagel or something like that). Even if you think you don't want it, it'll likely make you feel better. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ladies-- I've never had such a strong reaction before (I've had three other lab ones). My whole body was telling me not to drink that stuff-- it was this florescent orange color and was artificially flavored. I just ate some cashews and do feel a bit better. Good grief! Yuck!!

With my homebirth all I had to do was drink some grape juice and the midwife took a pin prick of blood. This way stinks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.