Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only 18 weeks, but by the end of the day, I feel like my ankles/feet are all swollen. They don't look really swollen, just a bit puffy, but they feel swollen and sore. I don't know if it's just because my shoes are getting a bit too small (I've gained about 10 lbs and my feet seem to grow with weight gain since the birth of my first son) or if it's a sign of something bad.

Is anyone else having this problem? I can't remember what to do for it but it freaks me out.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I've been having the same issue - they don't look swollen, but they feel like it. I've been chalking it up to joint issues - I've been having hip and pelvic pain too, and shoulder pain from sleeping on my side all night, so I consider it to be another joint under the influence of relaxin and too much stress on them.

I don't know what to say if it's actually is swelling - seems a bit early for that. I'm definitely going to mention it at my next midwives appt.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I think it's the heat and dehydration. At least when mine are feeling that way that's what it's been from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.