Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Holland, craft stores sell a product named "felt." It's mostly used for applications on fabric, or making things like hats. It's not woven, but made of scraps , like paper. It can be glued or sewn together.

Does anybody know whether it's made out of wool? And if so, if it can be used to sew diaper covers?

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Sounds to me the felt you have is like a pollyester crafters felt, not wool. Wool really wouldn't be found in a felt form, but more in a form for to make coats, skirts, business suits ect, it would be in the "finner" fabrics area. Luck, Reese

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Even if it is wool (for instance our joanns has wool/acrylic blends of felt), it is not a woven material - the fibers are pressed. This doe not make for an article of clothing that will hold up over time and with washings.

Like the previous poster mentioned, this is really for crafts. I could see a neat wall hanging applique made from it, but not diaper covers.

HTH

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have had great luck with the merino wool from fabric.com . They are a great company with great customer service. Just make sure you get 100% wool--check carefully before you order.

And if you're looking for scraps for appliques, PM me--I've got lots!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.