Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread but thought I'd ask you all too :) I started feeling movement early (8 weeks) as I do with every pregnancy (this is my 3rd pregnancy w/ early movement so I know what it feels like). This time it's been different because I felt it almost daily from 8 weeks until it slowly decreased and then stopped around 11 weeks. My placenta is on my left and I always felt baby move on my right, always. Now at 14 weeks I feel movement hardly ever (maybe 5x's in 3 weeks?)...and it's never on my right like before...only on my far left now. Last night I heard the cord directly in the middle of my belly w/ the fetoscope, placenta is on the far left. I heard the baby's heartbeat w/ my mw a week ago...baby was on my left w/ the placenta. What could explain this? I thought about the possibility that there was a 2nd baby and it passed away and now the other baby has the placenta on the front, which is why I don't really feel movement yet again. Has anyone ever experienced this? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have found that some weeks I feel more movement than others. As your placenta moves and is lifted out of your pelvis, maybe the baby isn't as close to the surface, or as close to areas with concentrated nerves?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts