Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're starting to nest/prep for a March babe, and one thing I remember being very unpleasant with DD was the early days of nursing in bed with a leaker. My bbs would leak, her diaper would leak, she'd have a bit of spit-up. It was either sleeping on towels (eww, cold wet towels), letting the mattress get wet (nasty), or trying to protect the matress with those vinyl-coated crib mattress protectors (where the moisture just pools on top & runs to the lowest point => me!). I'm wondering if it might be worth it to try to felt a few sweaters & stitch them together as a kind of patchwork to lay underneath us in those early days. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Yes! you can do that! Just make a little "patchwork blanket" out of squares, and put it under!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried everything I could think of with DD, including putting preemie disposable diapers over my top bb while she nursed the bottom. *sigh* She was a leaker, I was a leaker ... it just generally was soggy.

So I think I'm going to give this a try, as we just don't have $90+ to spare on one of the "nonfelted organic wool" pads I see online all over. I'm thinking that I'll do a square pad about the size of a yard of material, and put either snaps or ties in the corners & hem some good flannel or microfleece the same size to attach as a changeable cover ... any other suggestions? Off to Goodwill on Thursday to see what I can rummage up ...

·
Registered
485 Posts
That sounds like a great idea! You will have to let us know how it turns out!

Bridget, Newlywed wifey to Rich
(10/21/06) Mommy to my adopted Abby (4/15/04)
: FT social worker while hubby finishes grad school, plotting a SAHM transition and starting with a
: revolution while TTC #2
: and
up a storm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts