Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross posted in toys forum, but no one was responding
. I want to get into needle felting and was wondering if it is worth it to get a kit, or should I just buy the materials (I'm looking to make toys)? If you think I should get a kit, which one? And are there any clear, to the point websites where I can learn more?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yay, I'm so glad you replied antannie, I was about to start harrassing you or MamaFern with PMs.
I saw the Ayala Talpai book was recomended, what do you think about it? And to clarify something- to make toys, is the form attained purely with the wool roving, or is it attained by putting the roving around the foam? Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I never use foam. I use something like a skewer or knitting needle and wrap roving around it tightly to start my shape. I needle into shape I want, adding more fleece if necessary and then cover it with the colours I want.

ask questions any time.

Annie

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Annie- they are all soooooo cute!!! I LOVE your mermaid, but everything else is so beautiful too. I am asking for felting stuff for Christmas but an buying some roving now (thru the HPY coop). I was checking out Ayala Talapai's site, and I am excited to start! I love her stuff, it is all so rad!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts