Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds likes the taste of fennel (raw) and I'd love to try something with it to see if he might try it. Any suggestions?
He doesn't really like veggies and is really into mac n 'cheese... sigh...

I was joking to a friend that I was hoping that fennel was the 'gateway' vegetable, but since he won't really try salad greens sprinkled with fennel I need to try something more creative and keep my fingers crossed(=

Jessica

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Sounds like he might be a cantidate for fennel cheese gratin?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I slice the fennel into small bite sized pieces and than roast them with a splash of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and sometimes chilli powder. Just cook until they are browned and tender. So yummy. My toddler loves it. Hopefully your son will too!

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
If he likes it raw, why not just feed it to him raw? Slice it thinly, toss it with a vinaigrette and call it "salad". Add any other veggies he's willing to eat (cabbage, onion, etc., or nothing).

IME, cooking it really alters the flavor.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah, ditto that. My dd loves raw fennel too but she won't eat it any other way, so i just keep feeding it to her raw...it's healthiest that way anyhow.

Me, I like it roasted with garbonzo beans and cumin
:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.