Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you take mothers milk plus, do you still take fenugreek capsules too? What about blessed thistle, alfalfa etc.. Does the tincture have all you need in it? I'm getting desperate. I've been on dom for a week and a half with no increase.

·
Registered
520 Posts
How much dom are you taking?<br><br>
I'm sorry not to have advice; I'm in a low supply boat, too, taking Mother's Milk Special Blend. got my dom yesterday--am taking 90 mg/day.<br><br>
Are you pumping?

·
Registered
36 Posts
After my dd was born I had a lot of bf problems and started taking fenugreek and blessed thistle along with Mother's Milk tea. I began taking around 600mg of each in the pill form and would drink one or two cups of tea per day. My lactation consultant suggested this dosage and said that although the Mother's Milk was beneficial, you have to drink about 5 cups a day to see any effect. However, I think everyone is different. I noticed a huge increase in my supply which led to an oversupply so I gradually cut back my intake until my supply regulated. I have since stopped taking the fenugreek and blessed thistle bc I think I've finally got my supply issues in check. I now drink the Mother's Milk tea but have not noticed much of a difference. When I feel my supply is a bit low I do take some fenugreek and it helps. So if I were you I'd start at a higher doseage and work your way down, see how your bady reacts. When you begin to smell like fenugreek, you'll know your taking enough. Hope that helps. Best of Luck!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I took fenugreek and mother's milk tea both. Can't speak to the tincture.<br><br>
If you decide to take fenugreek, make sure you take enough. The dosage instructions on the bottle are for a "digestive aid." That dosage isn't enough to increase milk supply in most women.<br><br>
You need at least 6000 mg of fenugreek per day for maximum results as a galactologue. That's 9 to 12 610 mg capusules a day.<br><br>
I was one of those women who thought fenugreek didn't work for me. Then I found out I wasn't taking enough.<br><br>
Start with 12 capusules a day (4 pills, three times daily) and work down.<br><br>
Once your milk supply is where you want it, you can wean off the fenugreek.<br><br>
Good luck and mega milk supply vibes to you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts