Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm perusing sites - as I often do when life gets stressful and I just need to unwind (java in hand, wrapped in favorite - 'could life get any more stressful' blanket).

Anyway, I had previously sampled a diaper from this momma from eBay and I came across her relatively new store (from a link here
) and check out this page: Bum Fuzzy Wool Diaper Soakers. Now, I've entirely enough wool soakers (for now
), but I really like the look of these for many reasons.
  1. The way they seem to taper at the top makes me believe they wouldn't stretch out too fast when being worn (you know how soakers can sort of 'stretch' horizontally at the waist throughout the day?).
  2. The recycling makes me
    very big!
  3. The rise is high enough to cover cpfs - which seem to ride up higher on my little guy than the fitted diapers we have.
  4. MACHINE WASHABLE.
So, anyone have pics of these soakers on their babies bums you can share with me pretty please? Especially those with chunky monkies like my li'l Kenny.

Oh, and here is the disclaimer. I do not know this momma personally and am not spamming for her - though I have seen her post here and have seen her auctions at eBay. Just love to introduce new soakers to the group since I have found them to be such a delight in our own diapering system AND like to keep mommas in mind for the NEXT SIZE UP!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I haven't tried one of the bumfuzzy soakers, but I just got my first Fern & Faerie denim Recycle Diaper (M) and I LOVE IT!!! It's so handsome, and it fits my son perfectly, unlike any other fitted I've tried (and we've tried lots of them!). My son is really hard to fit, with his round (17") belly and skinny (8.5") thighs, and this dipe is just perfect for him. I don't know how well it would work on chunky-thighed babies; IMO, it would be too tight, but maybe the large would work. I also much prefer the bound rather than serged design. AND it's recycled, which I love. WOW!! I am so excited to get more of these when they're available!! Now, hyenas, please don't grab all of them, cuz I want 'em!! (hee, hee...

This is an my fave fitted diaper by far!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wawoof
My son is really hard to fit, with his round (17") belly and skinny (8.5") thighs, and this dipe is just perfect for him. I don't know how well it would work on chunky-thighed babies; IMO, it would be too tight, but maybe the large would work.
i just got a fern and faerie dipe last week and i love it too. my dd has a 17" waist and 10" (or is it 11" thighs?) and you are right, it probably won't fit as long as i'd like because of her chubby dubby thighs but thats ok because i just LOVE this dipe! i plan on taking a few pics of her in it tomorrow (if i have batteries that is).

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I do I do!!
I have a nice grey one -- to bad it's too small now! I will post a pic tomorrow, cause they're all on my dh's computer & he's usin' it.

It was wonderful for prefolds, but once it started getting really snug I did have to lanolize it every 2nd or 3rd time I tossed it in the washer. I thought it shrunk at one point, but it was just that I hadn't washed it in *gasp*
3 weeks, and the fibers had relaxed, so when it came out tightened back up the same time my ds was having a growth spurt...

Ah, well...I drool over her recycled denim dipes, but with an entire box of denim just waiting for me, I can't really justify buying one!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Totally
T

but did you guys notice Heather has passed 10,000 posts.. that's gotta be a MDC first!

I haven't tried F&F covers or dipes yet! I bid on one last week on ebay and I didn't win
I am anxiously waiting for her next auction listings

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have one and I really love it! It was a "second" but I can't tell the difference. Very absorbant--great for overnight or car trips. I was looking all over my computer for the pics I took and I can't find them!
: I want to get one of the bum fuzzies next!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've been wanting to buy one of her dipes for a few weeks now. Now you got me looking at her soakers too. I think I need to stay off the internet for a while because I keep finding more stuff I want to buy....but I know I'll be right back here tomorrow.
I can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Lea
Totally
T

but did you guys notice Heather has passed 10,000 posts.. that's gotta be a MDC first!
Lea, there was actually a thread in TAO where they threw me a congrats party! :LOL We shook our
and had a bit of

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Carolynn . . . I love to just SAY your username . . . it goes on and on and on and on! :LOL

Thanks for sharing the pics - likely that would fit for a good long while too! Sweet pics of your babe too
!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:
I love to just SAY your username . . . it goes on and on and on and on!
:LOL And that's just how I got that nickname! I was cinnamon, then my sister was messin' around and kept repeating the end! Ahh..those were fun days.

Quote:
Sweet pics of your babe too !
Thanks
I can't believe that was so long ago! It was before he could even sit up.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Heather, didn't you get that denim diaper from her a while back? You know that mehndimama is not only an mdc mama, she founded the yahoo group wool_soaker_group and she made the original pattern that I have adapted for most of my soakers! Small world or busy mama?

xo pam

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I have one of these. I washed it with my diapers, like the auction said I could do and...I don't know. Maybe my dryer is too hot or I just don't get wool (BINGO!!). It isn't stretchy anymore. Now it's too small for my guy, anyway, but it feels TOO felty. Is that possible?

I was bummed, too. I really wanted wool. Oh, and the few times he wore it, he looked like he needed a serious bikini wax when I took it off.

But it WAS really really really cute on him. Just not so much off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.