Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mommas! Does anyone know about continued ferning in the (luna) saliva microscope 8 dpo? In fact as each day passes, there's more ferning than the previous day. Can this mean a pregnancy?

Funny thing is around O this are some crystals and some lines. I can never pinpoint O with this thing alone and rely on temping to help.

Thanks! Any insight would be helpful!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I am still having ferning post O too. Verrry interesting. I will have to wait and see I suppose. this is the first month I used the scope. The changes in ferning were very clear leading up to O. After O the ferns went away, and now they are back. Good luck Mama's.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I just spit a good bunch on it. More than what would just cover it flat. I think about salivating and that makes the spit flow in my mouth. I just gently spit it onto the top of the scope and that usually is good to prevent bubbles.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I tried to use one of these things, and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the ferning ever. (I had been on the pill for about a year, and was going off the pill to transition to a diaphragm, but wanted to get an idea of what my cycle was doing. I have a history of very irregular cycles and possible PCOS, so I really had no idea what to expect...) After weeks with no ferning, just a messy viewer (yes, I did clean it regularly!), I discovered I was pregnant... so I think the ferning thing is really an unreliable way of monitering a pregnancy. I hope that it sticks for you, though, ferning or no!

Mindi

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The only time I ferned after O was when I was pregnant. It was very confusing, as we were using it to avoid, so we spent time using condoms, very late in my cycle. It turned out that I got pregnant from sex 5 days pre-O, before I even noted ferning.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I threw away my fern tester as I didn't find it easy to use and it gave me mixed readings.

Obviously I wasn't using it properly.

I resorted to using the o test kits that you pee on (which I personally found to be much easier and reliable).

·
Registered
929 Posts
I got ferning yesterday on CD21. While on vacation last week I got a tad bit of ferning (just here and there) on one day and then none none none until yesterday when it looked just like the pic on the Ovulite box....today, nothing...

Did we BD last night?? No, posted about it in infertility but DH came home from work early with food poisoning and spent the night in the bathroom.....

Today I spit on it again for sh!ts and giggles and there was nada..nothing on it...

What could this mean???????

I"d do the pee sticks but there aren't in our $$$ budget right now and I would be obessed with them....LMAO

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
LOL so I wonder what it all meant then?
I use an O scope, this will be my second month. I am not sure yet if I really like it or not. I do like the simplicity of it but if it is accurate or not I do not know yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.