Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I use a microscope and I have been trying to check for ovulating with it. I am just finishing AF and for the last few days I have had ferning. What could this mean? I am still nursing my 24 month old (not often) but could this affect it? I thought that I should just show the ferning a couple of days before O.

Thanks for any tips.

Tara

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i was using an o-microscope too, and i had something similar 2 months ago. i saw ferning nearly every day. i asked my doc about it and he said it was probably wacky hormones since i'm still BFing. fwiw, i decided to not use the o-scope at all last month, and went for a blood test to make sure my hormones are kinda sorta normal this past week.

·
Registered
827 Posts
tarak, my body did the exact same thing last month! cm came along earlier than i had thought it would, too...so maybe i did ovulate a lot earlier than i expected? ~shrug~ i just chocked it up to having weird cycles & i'd benefit from having a super-long luteal phase.

are either of you taking vitex? i'm thinking that might help my body straighten things out.

i'm still nursing my almost-27-month old a LOT, and this is only going to be my 4th af. so i know things are wonky. i just wish i could follow the regular fam rules. *note self pity*

good luck!!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
i started vitex last month after i saw ferning almost ever day of the previous cycle. i think it helped. i went from a 25 day cycle (the ferning one) to a 31 day cycle. i think i should have kept up on the o-scope last cycle, but i was so exasperated with all that ferning, i took a break from it for 1.5mos. i'm thinking about temping if we don't get pg this cycle along with the o-scope. might give me a better picture of what's going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.