Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p> </p>
<p>Hi Ladies.   I'm looking for some info on the return to fertility during and after breastfeeding.  My DD is 18 months old.  She weaned herself about a month ago.  I got my first PPAF in April and have had pretty regular cycles since then.  The first was a little long, but the rest have been about 26 days, which was normal for me before I had her.  My DH and I have been ttc since June.  I charted for a few months and noticed that my LP was about 8 days only.  I started taking B6 and am up to 150mg, including a B50 complex.  I am also seeing an acupuncturist and am taking herbs and drinking 2 cups of RRL tea a day.  I have had NO change in my LP. Two cycles back, my LP went up to 10 days, but I had 2 days of spotting before AF showed up.  This past cycle, my LP was only 8 days, and I also had 2 days of spotting.  Also, since starting the RRL tea, my periods have been heavier and longer, although this coincides with when my daughter really started weaning.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm going to be 34 in January.  On the advice of my midwife, I have an appt with an OB on Jan 4.  I really don't want to do any interventions, but I also want to have another child in the next year.  My question is whether or not what is going on with my cycle seems normal.  I am willing to wait it out if there is a good chance my body just needs more time.  I'm just discouraged by the lack of change over the last 7 months.  It has me worrying that something is wrong.  When I got pg with DD, my cycles were about 26 days long and the cycle I conceived her, I O'ed on CD 13.  My O date has been b/t CD 15 and CD19.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for any thoughts.</p>

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
<p>After my first child, my cycles came back around 8 months post partum, but did not fully regulate until she was about 2 years old.  So that is a total of 16 months of regulating.  It can just take some women longer.  Granted, I was still breastfeeding through that time, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there is something wrong at this point.  It's likely that a doctor is going to offer you progesterone, but if your body isn't ready, you might still have difficulty conceiving and sustaining a pregnancy even with the progesterone.  Just something to think about. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts