Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi<br><br>
I have been on and off this forum and have may be asked this questions before with no reply from anyone.<br><br>
I will appreciate if anyone could tell me their expirience with clomid or what they know about it.<br><br>
My cycle has been 28 days. My last AF was 29.3.2007. I was put on clomid from day 2. now am on day 30 and no AF. I dont have any pregnancy symptoms. just sore breasts. Does clomid lengthen cycles? my doc told me to avoid disappointments with BFN (WHAT AM USED TO) i test the date i had my last AF. So i test any day past 29.4.2007. But i cant keep up with this bad feeling.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is your doc monitoring you throughout the cycle to see if you're ovulating? Are you checking your temps or doing ovulation predictor tests?<br><br>
Have you called your doc to inform them that its CD 30 and still no AF? Or are you just waiting until Sunday to test?<br><br>
Sorry, there just seems to be a lot of information missing.<br><br>
Odds are, if you did get pg this cycle, a test taken right now would show you accurately.<br><br>
As far as clomid...since you asked for what we know about it, its a hormonal combination that is supposed to help with ovulation. Exactly how it works and what it affects, I'm not sure, but I know there's plenty of info out there on it.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Clomid is supposed to help you ovulate if you are not ovulating. You may or may not ovulate on your current dose. Did you dr put you on 50mg? I didn't o at all on 50mg, and my cycle was long like my anovulatory cycles usually are. I o'd the first time on 100mg, but didn't at all the 2nd time I took it. Clomid wasn't really working for me, so I stopped taking it in order to address other issues.<br><br>
You might get more answers if you post this question in the infertility forum.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If you're not monitoring your temperatures or doing bloodwork with your doctor there's no way to know if you even ovulated, so saying you're on cd30 doesn't mean to much without other information.<br><br>
You don't mention a dosage either, which has an impact or how long you've been taking it. If your primary reason for being on the clomid is anovulation, then how do you know you're not ovulating? Your doctor should have asked you to chart your cycles to determine when or if you're ovulating. Either that or they should have done a 7dpo progesterone level. That would also tell them whether you ovulated or not.<br><br>
IF your clomid worked and you ovulated around cd14 then you could test now and likely have an accurate result (there are no guarantees though). You really need to provide some more information though. There are a LOT of possibilities here ranging from you haven't ovulated to you're pregnant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts