Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br><br>
We are trying to decide on a new clinic/doctor after some frustrating experiences at Stanford and with our OB/GYN. I recently found out that I was misdiagnosed with something and wasted more than three months trying to treat that problem. We are desperate to find a new doctor to continue treatment with now.<br><br>
We have narrowed the choice down to Dr. Fujimoto at UCSF or Dr. Schriock at Pacific Fertility Center. Can anyone share their personal experiences with either of the clinics/doctors? We would really like to move forward with confidence in our doctor, especially after our previous negative experiences. Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Ah, you found it. You might also post over at Soulcysters, <a href="http://www.soulcysters.net/find-doctor/" target="_blank">here</a>.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Ah, what a frustrating experience you've just had! I went to UCSF & got PG about 4 years ago, so my experience is from a bit back. But I had good experiences there. I did not see Dr. Fujomoto. I saw Tracey Telles who is now at Kaiser in Walnut Creek, but I did see him from time to time. (When you need ultrasounds, IUIs or transfer/retrieval, they're done by the doctor who in on the rotation that week, unless you specifically request your doctor do it, so I saw Dr. Fujimoto a few times. One of my friends saw him, though, and liked him a lot. He is very smart. He is kind of cut and dried in the way he presents things, he doesn't sugar coat things and is straightforward. Some people find that off-putting, some people find it helpful. My doctor left UC when I was PG & Dr. Fujimoto called me to follow up and see how I was doing and again after the babies were born to check up. He always asked my friend about me, too. This was based on just a few visits with me. So despite his somewhat dry bedside manner, he is very caring and compassionate. I know two people who went with PFC, one of whom saw Dr. Shriock and they liked him a lot, too. I think you'd be in good hands with either clinic.<br><br>
Oh, another thing, the nurses at UC are so great. They are so caring and supportive. i saw one of the nurses on the street about a year after my twins were born and just burst into tears thanking her for all her help. Really, I cannot say enough good things about their nursing staff.<br><br>
Good luck to you! I hope you're pregnant very soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for sharing your and your friend's experience. I am relieved to hear that you both had positive experiences at UCSF. It now looks like we will be going there for sure, since they are in-network for our insurance (and PFC is not).<br><br>
Anyway, I am relieved to hear that they would both be good choices. I spoke with Dr. Schriock over the phone and really, really liked him. He seemed really smart, thorough and extremely personable. My first encounter with Dr. Fujimoto was definitely not as comfortable, but as you mentioned in your post, it may just be his style. And to be fair, I felt more comfortable with him by the end of the appointment. It is also good to know that the nursing staff is so great at UCSF. I was actually really hesitant to try another teaching hospital after my negative experience at Stanford, but perhaps I was just unlucky.<br><br>
Thank you again for your advice and for the good wishes. I hope one day, I can actually post some good news...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts