Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that someone else has had experience with this because I'm having trouble figuring out why it happens.
Usually I will have EWCM for a few days with a HSO cervix, then it will immediately close the next day and the fluid becomes sticky, then one complete day after that I will get a temp rise. So I'm wondering, is ovulation happening when the CF/CP changes and I just have a delayed thermal reaction, or is it happening on a sticky day right before the temp rise?

This is a problem when TTA because if it goes to sticky for two days with no temp rise, it makes me think infertile, ok to DTD, but if I get a rise after the second sticky day would sperm have even been able to survive in that fluid?

Hopefully this is making sense!

·
Registered
822 Posts
It pretty much makes sense - usually, your CM is quicker at picking up your ovulation, so when you ovulate is probably closer to when your CM turns to sticky. HOWEVER - if you are truly charting to avoid and not wanting to get pregnant you need to make sure you wait for FOUR days of dry-up after fertile CM if you do not get a temp rise.

Sperm could absolutely be up in your "cervical crypts" (really, what it is called
) hanging out in some EWCF that is not making its way down and out.

So you either need to wait for the third day of your temp rise OR four days of CM dry up.
Of course after 4 days of CM dry up without a temp rise you need to watch out of fertile CM and follow the every other night rule.

hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eww - just got the image of the "Cryptkeeper" in my cervix in my head (remember that old scary story show on TV with the skeleton guy?)!

Thanks, that does make sense. I'm hypothyroid. I wonder if that has any impact on my delayed temperature rise.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
I hope that someone else has had experience with this because I'm having trouble figuring out why it happens.
Usually I will have EWCM for a few days with a HSO cervix, then it will immediately close the next day and the fluid becomes sticky, then one complete day after that I will get a temp rise. So I'm wondering, is ovulation happening when the CF/CP changes and I just have a delayed thermal reaction, or is it happening on a sticky day right before the temp rise?

This is a problem when TTA because if it goes to sticky for two days with no temp rise, it makes me think infertile, ok to DTD, but if I get a rise after the second sticky day would sperm have even been able to survive in that fluid?

Hopefully this is making sense!
I've only JUST started my 4th cycle charting, but this seems to be the case with me, too. The first cycle I was temping orally and they were all over the place, so it's hard to tell, but the cycle after that (for a non-viable pregnancy) and the one that just finished, there's about a two-day gap from my last fertile CM to the temp rise. Although FF seems to have trouble registering this, it make sense to me that I'm ovulating when the CM dries up, and my body is just slow to register the shift. I hope this is the case, as that would mean I have a longer LP than FF says I do...(right now it's hovering at 10 days).

Here's my chart if anyone hopes to weigh in! We won't be TTC till summer, but in the meantime I'm charting to learn more about my cycle. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29bcc8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.