Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one here that could be doing a lot better in the food department? I have been giving into my cravings big time lately. Unfortunately, that means I've really become good friends with most baked goods. I just can't get enough carbs and sugar lately. I do try to make sure I get in fruit and veggies too, but I'd be lying if I said I got enough every day. Well, at least I'm keeping up with my calcium. Nothing goes better with baked goods than a big ol' glass of milk!

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Yeah it could...then DH buys 6 bags of Halloween candy
: . My willpower is not very strong where chocolate is involved

Veggies are something I have to force myself to eat. The smell & taste just aren't something I like right now.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Yeah, I have been craving milk shakes

Soooo today I went to the grocery store and bought some fat free chocolate frozen yogurt, skim milk,bananas, and fat free whipped cream. I made my own shake that tasted much better than the ones we have been getting at the fast food restaurants!! Even better though this is fat free, cheaper, and I ate fruit with it
!!

Amy

·
Registered
766 Posts
I've been pretty bad about "comfort food" the whole pregnancy. I'm trying to be good about getting a few foods each day that have a lot of nutritional value.. a salad here, banana there, yogurt for a snack, etc. But then I'll grab a donut or a cookie, plus a decaf latte, in the afternoon to "reward" myself for getting through the day. I can't help it at all!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I'm trying, but....!

I usually love salad and eat one every day, but lately I have to really force myself. I just straight up don't *want* it. Veggies in other forms I still want; I made this amazing thing of roasted veggies the other day that is delicious and I've had some of that every day. But salad? Blech.

I read something somewhere sometime (
) about how our cravings come from nutritional things we need during pregnancy... and that during the hunter/gatherer stages, we wouldn't eat things like BREAD when we wanted carbs. We'd eat berries or vegetables or whatever. But I don't want that. I want bread. Dagnabit!

How the heck did we ALL evolve to love ice cream so much?!?!?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I have food allergies so that helps me to not totaly eat tons of junk bcs it is expensive and hard to find. But our budget is pretty tight right now so I make a lot of pasta, chili, bean burritos and just polished off a sloppy joe. At least it home made but I ate it w/ chips
instead of a veggie. I have been trying to eat salads but then i am still so hungry and I don't really want them as a side. My weight gain is right on but I know I would feel tons better if I ate better. Glad I am not the only one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Taco Bell a couple of times a week, Pop-tarts for breakfast two days in a row (Lucky Charms or Fruity Cheerios on other days), rarely veggies, and too much diet soda. yeah, I think there's a lot of room for improvement.

·
Registered
367 Posts
My diet was excellent in my second trimester, but this was because I had an irrational phobia that I might mess up the baby by eating a pop tart.

All that went away a month ago. I started drinking a small cup of coffee a day (I was a big coffee addict before pregnancy), and I'm eating brownies, cookies, cake, muffins, chips, sugar cereals. Carbs are not just friends to me. They're family!

Earthgirl, I agree that a glass of milk (and a vitamin) probably makes it all legit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh dear....yeah. I could do better, like actually EATING the green stuff....I get my frozen veggies, and I try to drink some of my veggies - V8 juice. I figure it's better than nothing at all! For some reason, Bebe Sophia is wanting PUMPKIN PIE! I made 2 of them last week, and I am out to the store to buy more stuff to make more! ooooooooo, more pumpkin pie!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by paxye View Post
ummm.... aren't baked goods, chocolate and Ice cream part of a healthy diet?

Yeah... aren't they part of the 4 major food groups??? baked goods, chocolate, ice cream, and soda??? or did I miss something along the way???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.