Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I'm going to get one of my lay midwives a new fetoscope...I want to get her a Leff, since I've heard they are the best of the best...and I like the idea of using it under water.
However, cascade is the only website I can find it (at $300). I'm not as worried about the price as I am about it's non-availability everywhere!
Is it discontinued...is there a problem with it!?
What do you all prefer? (besides Doppler....they have that already)
I hear some good/some bad things about the Allen 10 Series...
Any ideas??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think it is such a personal choice, I would get what you think is best and tell the midwife she can exchange it if she has a preference.

I would go with getting it at www.birthwithlove.com. Ollie, runs it (and is a midwife herself) is a gem and can get most things...even if it is not on her website...call and chat with her about what you want. Returning something is no problem with her.

Best, Paige

·
Registered
627 Posts
When I was looking for a place other than Cascade to buy a Sklar-leff fetoscope, what I learned is that there is just no demand for them in the US, so no one wants to carry them.

I tried to get one from Cascade, but when they had my money for six months and still it was 'on backorder' I got my money back.

I like a regular steth. for a fetoscope. It works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.