Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I've admitted to myself that indeed I do have the flu that is going around, I have some concerns regarding the fever I have.
This afternoon I took my temp and it was 102.4. I noticed that in the time it took me to realize I had a fever and then take a tylenol and have it come down I didn't feel the baby moving at all (she moves constantly)
Now I wonder if the big scare I had on Friday morning after not feeling her move for some time also had to do with fever (that I never checked for) I was sick then but was blaming it on something else.
So how high is too high and what are the risks to a 30 week baby??

· Registered
209 Posts
Shannon, from what I've read about fever and pregnancy, it really is only a problem during the critical first 6-10 weeks. During this time, prolonged high fever can interfere with the neural tube closing properly.

You're way out of this time frame. While it's probably not the best thing, I wouldn't worry about it.

· Registered
170 Posts
My midwife said it is not the high fever but a prolonged fever to be converned about. When I had a really bad headache and slight fever I took White Oak Bark. It is a natural version of asprin with no asprin side effects.

I hope you feel better. I have a soup recipe that is supposed to help and after I ate some I was better the next day. I have other flu remedies, lmk if you need them. I hope you feel better!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.