Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some clarification. I always thought fever was your body fighting infection. Consequently, I don't give my children medication unless it is over 100. DD now has low grade fever and hubby says she needs meds to keep her fever down to normal to allow her body to fight the illness. He started out as a bio major in college, so thinks he knows everything, and is a great debater. I need the truth and some facts to back it up!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Fevers are very good for fighting off infection. This Mothering article may help http://www.mothering.com/articles/gr...lth/fever.html
My range of comfort with fevers is actually around 104. When my dd was younger, her fevers would hover around 103-104, she never had any seizures. I just kept her well-hydrated, and gave her remedies to support her while she was in this state, like homeopathic belladonna (depending on symptoms) or elderflower, echinacea, mint tea. I would only consider using a fever reducing medication if I was having trouble keeping her hydrated, or if the fever went past my comfort zone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.