Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dd is getting over a seemingly mild cold but now has a nasty phlegmy cough. neither of us has slept much the past two nights, and i'm wondering what i can give her to help. i've been giving her a little liquid vit c and pumping the vitamins myself (she still nurses A LOT), but perhaps there is some homepathic remedy or something? Anyway, thanks for any advice- it's awful hearing her cough and choke

·
Registered
941 Posts
humidifier or some chest rub? Hyland's has some cough tablets you can find at a health food store (ours came as part of a "hyland's kids kit")

Lastly breastmilk up the nose...I'm not sure if it'll help with a cough but I put it up DS's nose when he had a cold/cough and it was always help the congestion go away.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
Wild Cherry Bark syrup really helps my DD. Herbs for Kids has an herbal blend with some it that tastes good (sugar free though - sweetened with fruit) or there is Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark syrup that has a really strong flavor that isn't so tasty, but works even better.

A warm compress on her throat or chest can really help too. As can a mug of warm honey lemon water.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
A warm compress on her throat or chest can really help too. As can a mug of warm honey lemon water.
This may seem like a silly question, but what do you use for a warm compress on her chest? A warm washcloth? Hot water bottle?

Thank you for your response, this is my first baby and her first cough so I'm paranoid about it getting worse and developing into pneumonia or bronchitis. thanks!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.