Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:'Comic Sans MS';"><span style="font-size:large;">Two of my kids have this. should I be worried? Please tell me what you know about the affects this might have on my pregnancy. Thanks, GM</span></span>

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
My daughter had this when I was pg with #2. Yes, it can be bad, esp in the first trimester. But, chances are you are already immune and just don't know it. Your care provider should have an antibody screen immediately to see if you have antibodies (and are immune). I thankfully was even though I have never been diagnosed with fifth's. Also, how was the diagnosis made? If it was one of those "their cheeks are pink and they have a fever" type of diagnoses, it might not actually BE Fifth's Disease. They tend to make more conservative diagnoses when you're pregnant because it can be dangerous to a fetus.<br>
What has your care provider said about this.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, it can be serious. I really suggest you contact your practitioner immediately. Get your kids a proper diagnosis right away and then find out what to do to take care of yourself & bean.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll call my doc tomorrow.. It is definatey fifths the rash is the same and the oldest has been feeling sore and icky for a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Rashes can be caused by viruses other than Fifth's. Try and keep your hopes up! I don't think Fifth's disease lasts a few weeks in general. And, if you haven't gotten it by now, you probably are immune.<br><br>
Best of luck with the doctor!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am supposed to be getting bloodwork tomorrow, but it's suposed to be a snowstorm here so I don't know if it will happen. My internet searches haven't led me to anything too scarey about 5th. Besides possible miscarriage due to the baby having anemia. which I am not worried about for some reason. Does anyone know any more specifics?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts