Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 3 1/2 months postpartum and I find myself fighting off my husband. I don't feel sexy (too flabby right now...), I don't find him sexy, and the concept of sex makes me even more tired and achy than I already am...anyone else feel this way??<br><br>
I feel like I have to fight him off just so that I can have some "me" time. He complains that he works two jobs as compared to my one job (he works full time and then comes home to work the "parent" job)...and he doesn't get to go do things that he'd like to do...because there aren't things that I'd like to do??!?! By myself??? With friends?? arrgh.<br><br>
All the conflict and nursing makes me just want to curl up alone, not get groped and kissed. Anyone else??

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I am also about three monthe pp and the idea of sex is horrifying to me. I had third degree tears and an episiotomy that has left me feeling traumatized at the very thought of anything going anywhere near my vagina. Also, its not just that. My husband is so very kind and supportive, but I just don't have enough energy for anything like that right now. He is understanding, but I know he really misses that part of our relationship. I feel flabby and unattractive in addition to dog-tired and all touchy-feelied out by the end of the day. I wish I never had to have sex again, lol.<br><br>
Just complaining over here, no solutions to offer.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have been there. It is so stressfull. Tell him that you love him dearly, but at this point you are touched out. It only lasts for a few months. But during those months it is hell.<br><br>
If this is your first baby, it can be scary for both of you when a new baby comes home. Your relationship changes to include your precious baby and sometimes that leads to your spouse feeling displaced or unloved. Make sure he knows he is still a priority to you but that you just are not up to having sex right then but will let him know as soon as you are.<br><br>
I found that sometimes it helped for me to tell him way before he even mentioned sex that I appreciated how sweet and wonderful he was for giving me so much time to rest and not feel pressured to have sex. Even if I didn't mean it, I was nicely letting him know not to even ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts