Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is 3 yrs. old. She has not been vax'd. I would like to put her in school. But, honestly, I am afraid to even walk in the office of the school ...<br><br>
This is a stupid fear, b/c once I start the process, I will b ready for the fight... but I really don't know what to expect.<br><br>
In Florida, I will have to use the religious objection form... which most likely means I won't be able to send her to any of the private/religious schools that are in my area. I know that the public schools must comply with the religious objection form. However, I am not very pleased with the public school in my area.<br><br>
I am within walking distance of the school I attended, a private Catholic school, but I just know that I will be refused, once I divulge that she will not be getting vaccinated.<br><br>
I am a former teacher, so will have no problem homeschooling, but that has not been firmly decided within my family.<br><br>
So, I am asking for advice and opinions on how to go about this. What do I do? How do I proceed?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I am not the best one to give advice at this -- we have one more year until we have to turn in the forms for reglious exemption. However, one of my friends taught at a private Christian school that allowed a few children who had not been vaccinated. They claimed religious exemption (God makes us perfect and we do not need more than what he gave us, etc.) and were accepted. Just wanted to give you some hope! Good luck!!!

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Most people here haven't had a problem using a religious exemption at a private/religious school.

·
Registered
18,822 Posts
Go ahead and do the necessary Florida paperwork/process for a religious exemption and then turn it in as a normal part of your paperwork to apply for a space at the school for your daughter. Act on the assumption that she will be accepted. She may simply be accepted, end of problem. They may raise a question, which you can probably sort out. They may say no, in which case you can apply at your second choice school.<br><br>
Hope for the best, expect moderate difficulties (and be prepared).<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts