Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to charts based on LMP, I'm due March 21 (LMP was Friday, June 13).

My cycle is generally 32 days, but can be 33 or 34 days, and once in a while less than 30 days. In only had a few periods b/w dd and ds, and only a few b/w ds and this pregnancy.

I KNOW the date of conception was June 22 (what a nice Sunday afternoon
). This was only 5 days after my period ended. (sidebar, i'm thinking this is a girl).

Any thoughts out there? I am not obsessed with the "due" date, just curious about different methods of calculation.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
You say you know the date of conception was that lovely Sunday afternoon. I know exactly what you mean, however, just because that was the day you had sex does not mean that is the day you conceived. For instance, we had sex on a Thursday, the last "safe day"
to not get pg :LOL I know I ovulated the following Monday (one day earlier than normal). So, my conception date isn't the Thursday we had sex but the Monday that I ovulated so I go 38 weeks from that Monday even though it is 4 days after we had sex
If I were going by a 28 day cycle I would be due 38 weeks past the Tuesday so we just use that date because later is better in my eyes

Keri

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which is why I'm thinking it's a girl. . . I've been told by reliable sources that if you have sex prior to ovulation, it's more likely that you'll have a girl since the girl "swimmers" stay alive longer (you know, us patient women!!). The boys get there faster but can't wait around!

I don't know exactly when i ovulated, but if my cycle were 32 days, then it was probably the 26th-28th or so. So, you're saying count 38 weeks from there. That puts me 12 days past the 21st of March, so maybe an April baby??

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
Hi, Colleen,

I'd say beginning of April just to have people not calling your house after March 21. I can't remember if you told me. Did you go over with you first two? If you did, then I would certainly tell people you're due the beginning of April. Just to be safe from inquiring minds wanting to know when you go into labor.

Ah, the joys of long menstrual cycles.
They can really keep you guessing!

Edited to add: I say girl, too!

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
Indigo -- Actually the info I read on it said that more girls are conceived something like (don't quote me) 5-3 days before ovulation. And, then more boys are conceived 2-1 days before ovulatation. But, then the CM usually thickens up immediately after ovulation and then more girls are conceived after ovulation. Now where did I read this? TCOYF mentions the book, but I can't think of it to save my life. So, your case may very well be supported by the data. FWIW!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.