Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for advice on my teeth. I have two upper wisdom teeth one that is partially erupted and one that is still under the gum. I had the lowers out about 11 years ago in a terrible dry socket infection yuck experience. Anyway. I've been told everytime I see the dentist to have the wisdom teeth out but since they haven't been bothering me I haven't bothered.<br><br>
Now I get my teeth cleaned and checked today and he tells me I have one filling that needs to be replaced and a bit of decay in between two bottom molars that would mean two fillings -- total of 3 filings for $700. I wasn't really prepared for that. I haven't any insurance.<br><br>
I don't know if I should get the wisdom teeth out or the fillings done? I've had times before when I was told I needed fillings and I went a year or two without them getting worse. I have pretty healthy teeth for the most part.<br><br>
So the question is wisdom teeth out or fillings? The wisdom teeth would be about $500.00 I really can't afford both right now and I don't think I will have dental ins anytime soon.<br><br>
Does anyone have any ideas of what the priority should be? Thanks!<br><br>
Juli

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Is there anything wrong with your wisdom teeth? If they aren't bothering you then leave them in. I don't plan on having mine removed unless there's a problem. For the cavities, try healing them with nutrition (cod liver oil, butter oil, bone broths, organ meats and other "traditional" foods).<br><br>
Kim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts