Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've "complained" this pg. about my LACK of connection with this baby and NO PREGNANT DREAMS. All I've gotten are the nightmares about dh being a JERK to me and seeing other, NON pregnant, THIN, beautiful women who were INTERESTING.
:

I had pg dreams with my dd's. I imagined I haven't had any pg. dreams because of so many losses and somewhere in there not wanting to "think too much" about a REAL baby, in case again, there wouldn't be one.

I came to terms MONTHS ago that there either WILL or WILL NOT be a baby, that I can do little, so I shall worry even LESS.

FINALLY... I had a dream last night about being pg. and going into labor. I was big and full and definitely due.
I've never been so excited to feel contractions and see a bloody show in my life...lol...
STILL no dreams about the baby though... but I consider this an important step.

The only "connection" I have with the baby is that it's a little tiny squiggler in there... which makes me think "girl"... instead of an acrobatic large "boy"...
still a long way to go, but I am getting a little more excited about having a REAL LIVE BABY again...

When people ask me what I'm having, I always say: "hopefully? a baby."
They look confused.
:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
I've "complained" this pg. about my LACK of connection with this baby and NO PREGNANT DREAMS. All I've gotten are the nightmares about dh being a JERK to me and seeing other, NON pregnant, THIN, beautiful women who were INTERESTING.
:
Those types of dreams *are* my typical pregnant dream. My pregnancies are usually full of nightmares or sex dreams. My first pregnancy I was DTD regularly with Michael Jordan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by salt_phoenix View Post
I came to terms MONTHS ago that there either WILL or WILL NOT be a baby, that I can do little, so I shall worry even LESS.
I'm with you on this one too. I lost the baby before this one (over 2 years ago) and I had to tell myself in the beginning that I had to BELIEVE in this little one. If I didn't have faith in this baby, who would?! It was hard - SO HARD - to let go of that constant anxiety but I did the best I could.

I'm so happy for you that you're feeling more connected!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
My re-occurring pregnancy dream has nothing to do with being pregnant, but is just that I can't remember DS's name. Like, I can see him, but for the life of me, can't figure out what his name is. Every few nights, and it's kind of sad. I imagine it has something to do with insecurities about having another baby?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.