Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To look at my massive stapled incision.

I took my first full body shower since the section and while it felt wonderful removing the bandage and taking a real look at the incision was not a pleasant experience. I am stapled from right below my belly button all the way to the hairline. I am wearing the stretchy bandage they gave me at the hospital and removing that made it feel like everything was going to fall right out. I couldn't wait to put it back on to get some support. I don't think I will be showing again for a few days at least.

· Premium Member
14,435 Posts
Big hugs sweetie. If it helps, I almost passed out in the shower the first time I looked at my incision. They had taken the staples out at the hospital and covered things with steri-strips. I was told to remove the strips a few days later so about a week after I got home I got in the shower while dd1 and dh were napping...

I think I was comletely dissociated while I removed the tape, and when I saw the incision/felt the sensation of "fall out"-ness I thought I'd either throw up or faint. Things were really woozy and I ended up bent over the side of the tub hyperventilating.

I started scar massage a week or two later and that really helped me come to terms with my body. That and belly dance. But it's been over 4 years now and I still have some emotional/physical issues with my scar. Some day down the road I plan on getting a tattoo that will encorporate my c/s scar and transform it into art, but I'm not there yet.

I'm so sorry you're facing this journey too but it really will get better. Just be gentle with yourself and give yourself permission to do whatever you need to do in order to heal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.