Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH still doesn't think I should need a new one this time, but for DS, I had a cheapy free one with a formula logo on it I hated, when that fell apart, we got a $30 baby Einstein one, and that started tearing witihin a week... My mom made me one a little after that, but it was 1. WAY too BIG, and 2. not very well thought out... she did not use a pattern, and had a bad machine, and went on the fly making it. It will be used in the trunk as a store-it-all for extra diapers/clothes, etc. for both kids.<br><br>
But I decided that I wanted a nice bag that didn't have to just look like a diaper bag, and that I knew would hold up. So, early in this pregnancy, I bought Wired Up Designs Hot Mama Bag Pattern. I am loving it... I finally got the fabric the other day, (really cute Corduroy for the outer, and a nice solid color fabric for the lining) and I started cutting yesterday, and got in the zone... I still have to wait for my magnetic snaps to get here before I can finish it, but it is turnoing out really nice... not huge, but with the backup bag in the trunk, I should not need it to be, even with 2 kids.<br><br>
I have the inner part of the bag made, and the changing pad, and the Outer part has to wait for the snap, though... but it is looking too cool... the changing pad is super long... even long enough probably to lay my toddler out on, and there is a key loop designed in, and cell pocket, and wallet pocket, and big poockets for useful stuff, with none of those annoying (designed to store a million formula bottles) long round pockets... I am thriilled... it should hold several cloth diapers for each kids, with room for a change of clothes and blankie for the little one too, i think...<br><br>
so for just about the same cost as one of the cheaply made diaperbags at target, walmart, or other places like them, i will shortly have a diaper bag that will outlast them all, and can be thrown in the wash worry free if needed... yay!<br><br>
ok, just felt like sharing... if i remember, i'll take some pics later.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Great! I finally found 'the' bag! Got it off ebay. Now I'm obsessed with getting it packed. I have her BC bag packed, but want her daily bag packed too. Mom went to babies r us with me and got the last little things I needed to pack it. I am kinda hoping for a little shower for more 'goodies', but I wanted to get the major things (blankets, a few burps, hats..)<br><br>
Can't wait to see pics of your bag!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
that bag sounds great. please post pictures!<br><br>
i've been sewing all i can before the baby arrives. i am making a baby quilt for the baby and trying to finish the twin size quilt for my son. (it has only been in the works for 2 years.)<br><br>
has anyone made the <a href="http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_display.php?id=16" target="_blank">amy butler nappy bag</a>? i like the shape but i am curious if is actually practical or just floppy.

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
I will probably use the Landsend diaperbag backpack that I have been using since Conner was born. I need backpack with all three kids.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I made the <a href="http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=13473" target="_blank">Sew Baby Double Duty bag</a> for my everyday diaper bag this time around and it turned out really cute! I do have a big Land End's diaper bag that I like to use for day trips into the city but it's so big and bulky, it's not good for everyday use. Anyway, the bag I made was really easy to make. I think total time from laying out the pattern, cutting it and sewing it all together was a little over 2 hrs.

·
Registered
831 Posts
You just inspired me to start making a diaper bag! I'm pretty sure I have a pattern for one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts