Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reccommend a good financial planner/counselor in San Diego to help us with a debt elimination plan, budget for a new place and savings?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Why do you feel the need to pay someone to do this for you? Is there some reason you can not do it on your own?<br><br>
Head to the library and check out Dave Ramsey's "Total Money Makeover" book. If you work that plan of his you can get out of debt quick and start saving for the future.<br><br>
good luck

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think a financial planner can be a good idea for some people. These people do it for a living, they are wise beyond what you can grasp out of one book. If you are in major credit card debt or looking for help budgeting, I think that can be done with a book. Looking at tax implications, retirement and 529 plans, etc., you may want to look towards a financial planner. I'm not sure if you are willing to look outside ca and do it over the phone, but if so, a friend of mine uses one. My friend lives in MI and her planner is located in MA. The first go is the most expensive and comprehensive, later on its just minor tweaks and adjustments, more maintainance then anything else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts