Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dh has had a pretty bad toothache for the past week. He's now at the point that he's wanting to pop tylenol like it's going out of style. Also - ds1 has never seen a dentist and probably should soon, yk? And I haven't had a cleaning in a while...so in short we need a dentist.

We used to go to a place that I started going to because they were next to my old office. Nevermind the fact that no one in the office spoke very good english so it was extremely difficult to communicate (we mostly "talked" via hand signals and pointing.)

The two dentists that I've had recommended to me aren't on our insurance plan - so how do I go about calling the ones that are listed? What questions should I ask? What are some red flags that tell me to avoid that dentist?

I'd like to get dh in asap, pleae help a mama out!
:

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I would start with your insurance company and ask them who is on the plan. That would be easier than calling a ton of dentists to only be told no.

Most dentists recommend seeing kids once they are 3, so ds1 isn't too far behind.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
One more thing, your dh could see his doctor and get started on an antibiotic while he is waiting to get into the dentist.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclisa
I would start with your insurance company and ask them who is on the plan. That would be easier than calling a ton of dentists to only be told no.

Most dentists recommend seeing kids once they are 3, so ds1 isn't too far behind.
I have the list of "preferred" dentists and there are over 50 acceptinf new patients w/in 10 miles of us. I just don't know anything about any of them and I'm not sure what to ask to ascertain a good match.

Our doc won't talk to dh about his mouth pain as it's pain in his mouth. Stupid, but not much we can do about it.

Oh - and I've posted in FYT and no one has reccomended one that is on our list or knows of the ones on the list. Seems I'm flying in the dark here.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I don't know if this will help you or not, but these are the two sites I am using in my search for a solution to DD's dental woes:

This one has a directory of mercury-free dentists (who appear to be more holistic also):
http://www.iaomt.org/

And this one has dentists who are "minimally invasive" and appear most likely to have state of the art technology and will not recommend unnecessary interventions. Lately I am trusting dentists about as much as used car salesmen so I've been more happy with what I've seen of these dentists' websites and we have a consult with one of them tomorrow:
http://wcmid.com/

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts