Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I tried to go to dona.org but it said that it may have malware so I didn't go any further. I know that would be the best way to find a doula, though. I'm looking specifically for a doula who is starting out or who is willing to do payment plans or sliding scales for low income families. My cousin is moving to Arlington and would like a natural birth. She would love a home birth but isn't in the position to pay for it and it's not covered by medicaid which she will be on. I've found some midwives for her to call to see if she can work something out to pay. But, I thought a doula would be good as well since she's afraid a natural birth will be very difficult in the hospital. She's going to be away from all family and close friends. Her and her husband have some <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family:Times;line-height:normal;font-size:16px;">acquaintances</span> nearby. I believed they'd prefer a doula with a Christian faith as they are very religious and will be moving to help start a church.</p>

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
<p>I'm a doula in the area & can pass along several potential doula websites for you to look at. PM me & I'll send the lists</p>

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>Has she thought about going to a birth center at all? I know of a midwife that takes medicaid. Sorry I'm no help on the doula info though.</p>
<p>-Amy</p>

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a Christ centered Doula in DFW, and I'd be glad to doula for her at a discounted rate & payments.<br>
817-505-9344<br>
Caressa Hall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts