Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going to London later this year and would like to find Jarro or other babydophilus product to buy once I land. Since it's a refrigerated product I can't bring it with me and keep it alive.

Anyone know of a good natural foods store in Central London so I can stock up once I land?

My daughter needs a daily dose of acidophilus to counterract a mild dose of antibiotics she takes daily for a kidney condition.... please don't get me started how much it sucks she takes the antibiotics but it's simply NOT negotiable.

Thanks,
Kat

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
You didn't say how long you would be gone, but I take my Jarrow with me when I travel to Mexico. I don't worry about refrigerating it while I'm gone & it works well for me. Actually I took it with me to Paris too. If I weren't going to be there for more than say 10 days I probably wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you just pack it on ice in your carryon?

The babydophilus needs to stay refrigerated. Do yours?

~k

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I take the JarroDophilus +FOS gelcaps. I don't even bother with ice, I just keep it in my carry on bag. Those bacteria are really very hardy so you may lose a little bit of potency with prolonged exposure but a few days at room temp isn't going to make that big of a difference really. I guess you could put it in one of those insulated bag things with a cold pack like people use to carry bottles of premixed formula or expressed BM though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good to know. I won't fret about it then. I thought they were pretty strict about the refrigeration needs.

Thanks,
~k

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the way, as a follow up, this was a reply I received from Jarrow when I asked them directly about non-refrigeration.

"To order in the U.K., please contact on of the following U.K. distributors:
[email protected].
http://www.vitaminuk.com/

Also, you can purchase it in the U.S. and just refrigerate it when you arrive in the U.K. There is an attenuation rate of around 15% per month outside of refrigeration."

~k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts