Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gathering supplies to make a Waldorf doll (heavy baby style) for my dd, and I'm having a really difficult time finding natural materials to make it from. I finally got my hands on some wool, but now I'm trying to find a nice fabric fo the head and hands and all I can find is polyester tricot. I've thought about trying to dye a t-shirt or sock, but it doesn't seem like that would come out nearly as nice and I really want this to be great! Where do you all get your supplies? Should I just break down and buy the kit on-line? Should I even be worrying about a tiny bit of poly?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama2E&O View Post
I get my supplies from:

I've never bought from this place, but I hear great stuff about it, and plan to try it out:
www.dancingraindolls.com
The fabric from Dancing Rain Dolls is of the highest quality and doesn't pill, get holes and run, like some of the others do. It doesn't stretch too much and it is very easy to sew and work with. I love working with it and use it for my own doll designs, I never bought kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.