Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
My DD is 9 months old and now eats about anything vegetarian: veggie "meatballs", rice cakes, Veggie Booty (spinach & kale puffs), very cooked vegetables, sliced bananas, avocados, pancakes, etc.
She seems very happy with cooked mixed veggies - they are easy to pick up and chew (with her two teef!).

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
DS is 6 mos (today! happy b-day shark finn!) and loves chunks of avacodo. He can mash and mangle them till his little heart is content and he looks like an alien. I also bought some teething cookies in the natural food aisle (can't remember the name, but they have animals having a picnic all over the box - wheat & gluten free, if that's what you're into) and he likes these too. I like them as well, because they are sturdy, and when they take a trip to the floor, can be washed off under the spigot and handed back to baby.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Depends on your child. Some children do better with large chunks they can hold and bite. Others do better with small pea sized bits. And there are some kids everywhere inbetween

-Angela

·
Registered
951 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
banana
sweet potato cut in sticks and steamed
baby carrots steamed
chunks of avacado
chunks of ripe pear

-Angela
:

chunks of bananas,
1/2 a ripe apricot or plum (peeled)
Steamed asparagus

DD does better with big hunks. I take the pears and carrots back when she is down to a small piece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.