Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my finished result. It's a baby sweater from Knitting for Baby, by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas. It's not perfect (a lot of my stitches turned out kinda loose), but it's not bad for a first big project (I've only made a headband and a small handbag for my dd before this). It's done in garter stitch. It was a gift for my nephew. <a href="http://amazon.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=nnzio1l.1elrn3ul&x=1&y=lul9t" target="_blank">Baby sweater</a> Hope the link works!

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
its lovely! i just got that book from the library today! i love it..

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Excellent! Thats a lot of color changes and weaving in ends! Quite an undertaking and you did it! Bravo!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Very nice! LOVE the stripes. Did you block it? It doesn't look uneven, but blocking usually helps if you say it is.<br><br>
Congrats!!!<br><br>
~Devon

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Very nice, Purple. I have the same book you mention and I am a REALLY novice knitter. I'm hoping your sweater gives me the boot I need to stick with learning more this summer!<br><br>
BTW, about how long did this take you to complete?

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
WOW! that looks fabulous! I'm so impressed that it is your first big project.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, everyone! You're all so sweet.<br><br>
mamaBlue, the weaving in all the colors the probably the most tedious part of the whole thing. I liked knitting it up, but having to keep threading the tapestry needle and weaving in all of those ends was a bit of a pain. It was a relief when it was finally finished!<br><br>
devonc, I did block it, and it looked okay afterwards. Some of my stitches were a bit wonky, though, so I tried pulling at some other stitches to make them appear more even.<br><br>
Bearsmama, it's kinda hard to say how long it took me, cause I just worked on it during night time whenever I had a free moment and after all the kids were asleep. I started around Easter time and finished toward the end of May. And I consider myself a very novice knitter, too. Good luck with learning more this summer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts