Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a fire box, do you lock it? And if you do lock it, where do you keep the key? I was just wondering because if the house does catch on fire, I wouldnt want the key to melt, but then again, I could probably get the box open somehow. Anyway, just wondering.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
ours has the key sitting right in it. Or maybe it is up a bookshelf somewhere now since the toddler stole the key once. The only thing I don't like about it is, it is like identity theft in a box. I joke with DH that we put all the papers in a nice orderly spot for the robbers to get them.

·
Premium Member
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also thinking about not locking it but if there was a fire, with some type of explosion, could the top fly open? I know it is heavy, but there isnt any kind of latch keeping it closed when not locked.

I was just going to leave the key in the key hole, but I would like to use it as a anti-theft box too, and will be keeping an expensive diamond necklace in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.