Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I went to a BF support group meeting and the leader asked me who my OB was. When I told her she said "Oh you don't want her to deliver you! She only delivers by c/s or in the lithotomy position". I came home and googled my OB only to find her certification status as "unknown". So this morning when I went over the VBAC consent form with her she mentioned that she does not support laboring at home and she encourages inductions! I went right to the front desk and scheduled my next appointment with a new OB...

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meatloafkend View Post
Good for you. Have you considered leaving the practice entirely. I find that a lot of the OBs in the same practice share the same views.
:

I was going to say the same thing. Also if the OBs rotate call you might end up with any doctor including the one you left...

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't leave the practice because it's the only one in the whole state that allows VBACs. My OB decided to share her horror stories of the uterus completely ripping apart and killing baby and seriously injuring the mom. The recommendation I got is for someone who works more with the midwifery side of the practice, so I'm hoping it works out better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.