Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son fits into his medium Firefly quite well right now, at 19 lbs, and has since 15 lbs or so. He nearly fits into the large I just got--the legholes are still a bit big. I'm wondering a few things that hopefully will help me determine whether to keep the medium for future kids or just get smalls and larges.
  • The size measurements on the company's site says there's a slight overlap in the waist and thigh measurements between smalls and larges--does it really work to jump from small to large, or is there a bad fit on the extremes?
  • Do many toddlers go back to the mediums after having fit into larges? My son's approaching 20 lbs at nearly 4 months old so he's definitely going to hit the large size sooner or later, but will the medium be better in the long run?
  • Does the elastic and fabric hold up over months of use and/or multiple kids?
  • Is there something funky about the cross-over snap? They don't seem to line up right for me and I can't figure out how I could be screwing it up.
Although I have a lot of other brands that have been working well for us, I like the idea of slowly accumulating OC Fireflies when good deals show up on the TP.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
good question!

I bought a medium sleeptight for my son who is roughly 20+lbs and just turned 5mths old saturday. I re-took his measurements last week in anticipation of the colors coming out (damn, I had good timing!) and sure enough, he jumped from like 16inch to 19inch waist, 10inch thighs to 12, etc.

So i'm *thinking* I ought to just go ahead and buy larges if I buy any...because the medium is snug...then again, i've heard the rise can be a bit large on the low end of the scale.

But, I figure since he's only 5mths he will fit into them eventually...lol.
I'd be interested to hear someone's thoughts on this too!

·
Registered
813 Posts
First question...There was a big jump between small and large and that's why Lori came out with a medium. (There wasn't one originally.) IMO, once my dd was in larges, she stayed in larges. I'm betting mediums would have worked on her too, but they weren't out by the time she pt'd. She was about 28lbs at the time.

HTH!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
My DD is 26 pounds and 20 months, and she's pretty chunky although she's slimming down now. But the mediums fit her perfectly, in fact she's never been in a large. I have one large and it works in a pinch but it's a little too big in the rise and legs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts