Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these sought after? Just wanted to mention that they are stocked. I just checked for myself and snagged three even if I have no money to pay for them. I need some sort of gratification!

A much-needed question to answer though; how exactly do you figure out diaper measurements... I mean, from which two points do you measure rise, where on the waist and thighs. Someone please tell me! I'm not sure if my DS is on the verge on needing larges and I don't want to keep looking for medium stuff when he won't fit it for much longer.

TIA!

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Oh I'm sure mediums will work fine!
Nathan doesn't even wear mediums yet! lol Plus I think the firefly measurements are off.

To measure the rise you take a nice fitting diaper and measure from the top of the front through the crotch and up to the back of the diaper's top.

To measure the legs you measure all the way around the thigh where the diaper would normally rest but without a diaper on.

To measure the waist you measure around where the diaper would normally sit also without a diaper on.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! The thing is, not all diapers use the same rise... some are low, some are high etc and I don't know what to use. Do I just measure from bellybutton in front, down, and up to the back at the same level? And also at bellybutton level for waist, and around biki area for thighs? My boy grows soooooo fast, he's in the 95th percentile for height and 90th for weight for his age and has been that way since birth.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
C is 3.5mo and wears both smalls and mediums in FF STs (well, I have 1 med that I bought new and 2 smalls from TP). The smalls fit in the waist and would prob be a little tight in the thighs except the elastic is worn out. They still work fine, although they are more daytime at this point. Nice and trim. The medium (that I bought new) has plenty of growth room, even though he's on a medium-ish snap setting. The fact that the smalls are hemp/cotton and the medium is organic cotton might make a difference. The medium is still pretty fluffy. The smalls are more, um...flattened out.

I have a couple RB size 2 that also fit C well. His body type seems to accomodate all but the smallest diapers. The thighs are really the trick for us. On his small FB, his thighs are on the largest setting, and as long as I don't stuff the FB to the navel, the waist is on about the smallest setting.

I have no idea how much he weighs. He was 12ish at his 2mo check up, but thats been a while.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I think you would measure from where you want your diaper to fit. I like a lower rise diaper, so I measure just below the bellybutton. Other mamas are different though.

Oh, and aren't the Sleep Tights always in stock over there?
: Make sure to let us know how they work for you! (And pictures! :LOL)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been trying to catch them there ever since I found this board two weeks ago. Maybe just bad timing? I don't know, I think I'm going to stick with mediums. I can't wait to get them! I also ordered 3 medium fireflies, in terracotta, carrot, and sky blue. Can't wait to get them! Don't know how I'm going to pay it off, but that's besides the point lol

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Marie,

The sleeptights and all the other dipes were low for the last couple weeks, because she was on vacation and hadn't "restocked" in awhile. But they are available 99% of the time, or atleast since i've looked in the last year or so.

I bought a medium sleeptight for my son, and it is snug. he's a couple days younger than yours (1/26/04)
He's roughly 22lbs, and was 26.5inches 6 weeks ago. His waist measurement was 18.5 inches a week ago when I was checking to see what size to get him in colors and STs when I order a few more. thighs = 11inches.

He's *almost* out of his med fuzzibunz, if that helps any.

The ST fits on a medium snap setting (he was too big for a crossover when I got it) and the rise is a bit short on him right now, but he's got a longish rise I think, since he outgrows things in rise before anything else.

But he's at the tail end of the waist/thigh measurements for the mediums, but they fit okay still. Snug, but not too small or anything.
I'm going to be buying larges next though, because altho alot of girls here have babes who PT while wearing a med, I seriously doubt I'll have such luck. I mean, he's toddlersized already!

Even if the larges are a bit big for him, I have NO reserve buying them because I know good and well he'll fit into them shortly and for a long time. No worries there

I'm bummed though, cause I wanted to get some colors when they stocked them, and now I have to wait for them to stock the larges in colors! ack! I *could* buy him 1 or 2 mediums, but it seems silly when I know they won't fit very long, and to pay shipping on one of two dipes to turn around and buy some more and pay shipping a second time. I may still get one more medium, but I think i'm just gonna buy a couple larges when they are stocked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts