Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that sparklers are one of the least safe ones!

We don't let the kids, even the pre-teen, light any, and they have an area where they have to stay. And then we only get pretty wimpy fireworks.

What do you think is safe, and what rules do you have for your kids?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2013/07/02/news/sparklers-fireworks-safety

I will highlight the important info:

White says even though sparklers and sparkler fountains are legal, they are still safety hazards, pointing out that 25 percent of all fireworks-related burns are caused by sparklers. They burn at up to 1,200 degrees.

"It's about the equivalent of a blowtorch that we're handing our children," White said. "Even the things we consider to be no big deal are really dangerous."
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top