Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the nurse practitioner at the OB's office this morning. She was very nice. And actually, I had misheard the receptionist when I made the appointment and I was supposed to be there at 2:30, but I heard 10:30 (pregnancy brain already?), so I was four hours early, but thankfully the NP had a couple of no-shows and was just sitting around with nothing to do, and she was able to see me then. Phew! I got a print out with my next appointment info so there is no confusion, though! She did a PAP (which has caused a little bleeding, but she said to expect that, so I'm trying not to freak out too much) and a quick ultrasound. All we could see on the ultrasound at this point was a very thick lining in my uterus, no sac or poles or anything yet, which is normal for this early, so she told me that I can come in every week until we see the heartbeat. She didn't want to start me on the Lovenox injections until we do see the heartbeat, so I'm hoping that the aspirin therapy I'm on now is enough until then. I go back next Wednesday for another peek. I don't expect to see a heartbeat yet, but hopefully we'll at least see a sac, maybe fetal poles.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Fingers crossed for you! The reason you see bleeding after a PAP in pregnancy is most likely because the cervix is what is called friable (very full of blood and sensitive), also why sometimes there is spotting after sex. Totally normal. Here's to visible fetal poles next week!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I know it's normal. It's hard not to think the worst when you've had so many losses, though. Hopefully we will see a lot more next time!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Here's hoping you can see something next time @lc81002, it's tense waiting. I still need to call actually about my first appointment, it's not scheduled yet.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's hoping you can see something next time @lc81002, it's tense waiting. I still need to call actually about my first appointment, it's not scheduled yet.
I called as soon as I got a positive test since I'm high risk. I was surprised they even tried to do an ultrasound this early, but I'm glad that they were understanding and offered to look every week until we're sure there's a heartbeat.

Reactions: fayebond

·
Registered
99 Posts
My first appointment is a ways off. My midwife, who I know well, makes first appointments around 12 weeks unless there is an issue earlier. I am totally comfortable waiting even later really. We communicate via Facebook often and my DH will be going to her house to do some computer work soon. I am going to attempt to get co-care this time, and my first appointment (I have heard the only require 3 for co-care of homebirth and I am not willing to do much more) is March 10.

I am so glad that they were understanding for you and I hope you can gain some reassurance soon!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@lc81002 - thickened lining is a good starting point! That is nice that they offered the weekly U/S :)
It's definitely nice to have a compassionate care provider since I'm already in a less-than-ideal situation as far as birth options. I just hope they are as nice when I start showing my hippie side and tell them I plan to have a doula and don't want the cord cut right away or eye goop or newborn vax or circ if it's a boy, etc.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
U/S went as expected today. Baby is still too tiny to see the heartbeat, but we saw the gestational sac and yolk sac. I got my lovenox prescription and I go back in 2 weeks to see if there's a heartbeat.

Reactions: tyness
1 - 9 of 9 Posts